Uncontested Divorce ($649 + court fees*)
You qualify for an uncontested divorce if ALL the following requirements are met:
- You have been separated from your spouse for at least six months (living separate lives, not necessarily living in different homes)
- Agreement on getting a divorce (both parties want a divorce and are willing to sign papers)
- Waiver of support (also known as alimony or maintenance) for both parties
- No children or, if there are children, then agreement on custody, visitation, and statutory child support (Additional Feww Applies)
- No debts, or agreement on division of debts
- No pension/retirement accounts, or agreement to each keep your own pension/retirement accounts
- No real estate to divide, or agreement as to real estate division
*For a list of court fees, please visit our "Costs" page.
If you are unable to come to an agreement with your spouse, you could still qualify for a low-cost divorce.
Please call us at 312-704-8400 to discuss your options. Our staff is ready to assist you.